The Shiawassee County Road Commission’s scheduled primary road projects are included on the map and lists below. To learn more about a project, click the blue marker to view the project’s information. Additional projects may be added to the map and list throughout the year.
The Shiawassee County Road Commission is responsible for roadways outside of city and village limits in Shiawassee County. The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) is responsible for the construction and resurfacing of state highways. To learn more about projects in specific municipalities or on MDOT routes, please visit that agency’s website.
- All Seasons Route
Please disable the County & Township Lines layers to select individual layers in the map.
Click here for map layer options.
The allowable axle weights listed on these pages and shown in the diagrams apply to all state trunk line highways. For information on state trunk line highways that are restricted to reduced weights during spring time, a current year’s truck operator’s map is necessary. Maps are available from Michigan Department of Transportation.
Permitted axle weights on state routes are determined by two factors; tire width and axle spacing or configuration.
The maximum wheel load for any axle operating single tires shall not exceed 700 pounds per inch of tire width.
Example: A single 10:00 tire equals 10″ of tire width. 10″ of tire width times 700 lbs. per inch would equal 7,000 lbs. or a total of 14,000 lbs. for the axle.
Note: The following diagrams are shown with steering axle tires rated at 10:00 for a weight of 14,000 lbs.
Axle Spacing and Configuration
A single axle which is separated from all other axles by a spacing of 9 feet or more, center to center, is allowed a maximum weight of 18,000 lbs.
An axle which is separated from other axles by a spacing of less than 9 feet, but more than 3 feet 6 inches, is allowed a maximum weight of 9,000 lbs.
On a legal combination of vehicles, only 1 tandem axle assembly shall be permitted at the gross weight of 16,000 lbs. per axle and no other tandem axle assembly in the combination shall exceed a gross weight of 13,000 lbs. per axle. Operators may elect to carry 16,000 lbs. per axle on the tandem of their choice. When five axle tandem tandem units do not exceed 73,280 lbs. gross weight, then each tandem axle assembly shall be permitted on the state trunk line highways at a gross weight of 16,000 lbs. per axle, providing there is an axle spacing of 9 feet on both sides of the tandem assembly.
During the time spring weight restrictions are in effect on frost restricted routes, axle loadings are reduced 35%. The speed limit on restricted roads is 35 mph.
Single Axle Dual Tires
11,700 lbs. per axle; 9′ or over between axles.
Tandem Axle – Less than Nine Feet between Axles
20,800 lbs. both axles, 10,400 lbs. each.
Multiple Axles Over 3 and 1/2′ but Less Than 9′
8,450 lbs. per axle; Tri-axle 25,350 lbs. per assembly.
Single Axle, Single Tires
Wheel size (doubled because of two tires) time 450 lbs. per inch of tire width; 35% reduction from legal load.
Diagrams for 2 to 4 axles
Diagrams for 5 to 6 axles
Diagrams for 7 to 10 axles
Diagrams for 11 axles
The following roads are not posted for seasonal weight restrictions and normal loading will be permitted, plus the following axle weights will be in effect during the time the weight laws are being enforced. Shiawassee County Weighmasters will be enforcing the law.
- Airport Road/Comstock Trail – South from M-21.
- Bath Road – West of M-52 0.7 mile to Michigan Brick Terminal.
- Beard Road from Woodbury Road east 1000 feet to Schlegel Pit.
- Bennett Drive between Lansing Road and Britton Road (Industrial Park).
- Bennington Road from Vernon Village limits to Constines Incorporated pit entrance.
- Bennington Road from Vernon Village limits to M-71.
- Bennington Road from M-71 east 500′.
- Britton Road from M-52 to Morrice Village limits.
- Busha Road from Simpson Road to Fuoss Pit.
- Byron Road from Newburg Road to Village of Byron.
- Carland Road – M-21 to Saginaw County line.
- Chipman Road/Wascher Road from Henderson Road to the grain elevator.
- Cleveland Street from M-21 to King Street.
- Delaney Road from M-21 north to Owosso Graphics Arts.
- Delaney Road from M-21 to M-52.
- Durand Road from Durand City limits to Lansing Road.
- Easton Road – M-13 to Village of New Lothrop.
- Grand River Road from Lansing Road to State Road.
- Grand River Road from M-52 east .8 mile to Fuoss gravel pit.
- Harvest Mills Road from Lansing Road to Harvest Mills elevator.
- Henderson Road from M-52 to Southwest Street in Henderson.
- Henderson Road from Carland Road to Al Par Peat.
- Hibbard Road from State Road east to the fairgrounds.
- Hintz Road – M-21 north to Viron Controls driveway.
- King Street from Cleveland Street to the Owosso City limits.
- Krouse Road from Delaney Road east to Bruckman Moving.
- Lansing Road – Entire length.
- McBride Road from Carland Road to Sumbera Pit.
- Meridian Road from Mead Road to 0.6 mile south.
- Monroe Road from M-71 to Durand Road.
- Newburg Road – Genessee County line to City limits of Durand.
- New Lothrop Road – M-21 south to Lennon Road, west on Lennon Road to landfill.
- Riley Road – East of Meridian Road to the end of the blacktop.
- Ruess Road from M-21 to Constine pit entrance south of Krouse Road.
- Saginaw Street from Lansing Road to Monroe Street.
- Shaftsburg Road from Lansing Road to Village of Shaftsburg.
- Simpson Road from Ruess Road to Busha Road.
- State Road from Corunna City limits to Grand River Road.
- State Road from M-21 to Johnstone Road.
- Woodbury Road from I-69 to City of Laingsburg.
- Wren Road from M-21 to Serr Road.